Volkswagen America is launching the Golf R Ultimate Fan Experience contest, which is highlighted by an opportunity to drive its hot hatch around Germany’s legendary Nurburgring track. Here are the details:
- A seven-day, six-night trip for two to Germany in September 2012
- A visit to Wolfsburg to tour the Autostadt and Volkswagen AG headquarters
- A visit to Nürburg to drive the Golf R on the Nürburgring motorsports complex with instruction from professional drivers
- A visit to Berlin for an exclusive sightseeing package
- Luxury hotel accommodations in each city
If you haven’t yet conquered the Nurburgring, we can’t think of a better car to take on your maiden voyage around Germany’s famed track than the new Volkswagen Golf R. The 2.0-liter turbo four is rated at 256 hp and 243 lb-ft of torque, which is plenty of power to keep things interesting, but not so much that you’ll be that guy who causes a 10-car mess on the track.
To win, you need an iPad and must be 25 years old. Next, get the free Golf R Drivers Forever app here. Once your there, find and click on the Sweepstakes link tell VW why you should win in 256 words or less. The contest ends May 14,and the winner will be selected on May 28.
So what will you write about? Perhaps everyone in your family is a VW fanatic and your childhood included every generation of the Golf? Or maybe you’re a soon-to-be owner of a 2012 Volkswagen Golf R who just wants to experience the Euro-spec model with traction control that actually turns off? Feel free to churn out some drafts in the comments below.