– 10th Generation of compact sedan
– Sporty XRS model has a body kit and a 2.4-liter VVT-I engine that makes 158 hp and 162 lb-ft.
– Other Corollas use all-new 1.8-liter that makes 132 hp and 128 lb-ft. Preliminary EPA ratings are as high as 27 city / 35 highway. Take that, Hybrids!
– Standard safety features include ABS, six airbags, active head restraints, and available stability control (which includes an off-switch).
– Similar in size to the last Corolla (178.1 inches long, 69.3 inches wide, 57.7 inches high, riding on a 102.4-inch wheelbase) but offers more interior and cargo room.
Toyota Says: “The Corolla’s wide, low profile was developed by Toyota Design in collaboration with styling studios in Turin, Italy.”
We Say: The exterior certainly doesn’t look Italian to us, but its dashboard design is elegant and simple. Regardless, the Corolla remains a solid economy sedan that combines Toyota’s legendary reputation for quality with astounding fuel economy.