New interiors and a Pentastar V-6 are not the only reasons to consider the new Dodge Journey and Durango SUVs. Chrysler has announced its No-cost Maintenance Plus plan, which will cover the Durango Citadel and the Journey Lux.
Good for three years or 36,000 miles, the maintenance plan could help Chrysler keep incentives down for its high-end SUVs. The plan is worth $1100, Chrysler says.
The most important elements of the plan include the complimentary scheduled and recommended maintenance, which should be performed at 6000-mile intervals. Chrysler will also take a page from AAA, covering towing, flat tire change, out-of-gas fuel delivery up to 2 gallons, and lockout service up to $100 per occurrence.
The 2011 Dodge Journey Lux starts at $33,490 and comes with third-row seating, a backup camera, rear park assist system, heated leather seats, and 19-inch chrome wheels. The 2011 Dodge Durango Citadel has an MSRP of $42,645 in rear-wheel-drive form; add $2000 for all-wheel drive. The Citadel offers HID headlights, heated and ventilated front seats, 20-inch chrome wheels, three-row seating, adaptive cruise control, and more.
Currently, Volkswagen offers three years of complimentary maintenance on all its vehicles. Toyota now includes two years or 25,000 miles of free maintenance and roadside assistance on its vehicles. What do you think: Does the idea of free maintenance make you more likely to buy the premium versions of the new Durango or refreshed Journey?
The full list of benefits is below, straight from Chrysler:
* Benefits of 3 years or 36,000 miles
* $0 deductible
* Oil, oil filter changes and lubrication (3-month/3,000-mile service intervals)
* Scheduled and recommended maintenance (6,000-mile intervals)
* $35/day car rental allowance (car rental allowance for any overnight dealership mechanical repair, 5-day maximum per occurrence)
* $35/first day rental (car rental allowance or taxi service for any dealership mechanical repair or maintenance service [includes bodywork])
* $100 "Sign-and-go" towing and roadside assistance
<;blockquote target="_blank">o Benefits include towing, flat tire change (with existing good spare) battery jump, out-of-gas fuel delivery (maximum 2 gallons), and lockout service (i.e. keys locked in vehicle or frozen lock), as much as $100 per occurrence <;/blockquote target="_blank">
* $1,000 trip interruption coverage. Provides as much as $1,000 for lodging, meals and car rental expenses if:
<;blockquote target="_blank">o The vehicle is inoperable due to a component failure covered by the factory warranty AND
o The failure occurs more than 100 miles from home <;/blockquote target="_blank">