Here's a scenario: you've just inherited more money then you know what to do with from a great uncle you didn't know existed – what car do you buy with the money? To help with your decision making process, we compiled a list of the top 10 most expensive vehicles currently up for auction on eBay Motors. Check them out below.
10. 2012 Lamborghini Aventador – $499,000: This black-on-black bull is the newest car on this list, but even with just 500 miles on the odometer, some other cars have been babied more. Mounted behind the driver, this carbon fiber beast packs a 691-hp and 509 lb-ft of torque 6.5-liter V-12, driving all four wheels via a single-clutch automated manual transmission.
9. 1968 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 – $499,900: This 1968 Chevy Camaro Z/28 has a cool racing pedigree; it was apparently owned by NHRA legend Dave Strickler, and went on to win the 1968 Super Stock World Championship. Built by Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins, this Camaro Z/28 (nicknamed "Old Reliable") is equipped with Stahl Headers, a 5.38 final drive ratio, and nine-inch slicks, reportedly pushing around 400 horsepower. Though it has a questionable 5 miles on the odometer, this Z/28 reportedly consistently ran 11.70-second quarter miles in the '60s at 116 mph.
8. 1972 Chevrolet Corvette Moray GT – $499,900: This one-off 1972 Chevy Corvette Moray GT was built by Motion Performance in 1972. Motion Performance, at the time one of the biggest aftermarket tuners of GM products, built the Corvette Moray GT as a bridge between its fiberglass-bodied 1972 "Maco Shark" Corvette, and its 1973 Corvette Manta Ray GT. This one-of-a-kind Corvette Moray GT was lost and largely forgotten by history until someone found and gave it a frame up restoration a few years ago. Now, it's for sale for just a bit more than the price of a new Aventador.
7. 2006 Ford GT -- $699,000: The Ford GT is one of the very few cars in recent years that’s actually gained in value. Even most supercars lose their value immediately after driving off the lot; the Ford GT is a rare exception. This Gulf liveried 2006 GT has been a dealer queen since it rolled off the assembly line in Michigan six years ago. With only 452 miles on the odometer this 550 horsepower all-American rocket is still looking for its first owner.
6. 1932 Duesenberg Model J Tourster – $789,895: The Duesenberg Model J Tourster was the pinnacle of American Pre-War luxury. Built with no expense spared, these coach-built Duesenbergs were powered by naturally aspirated or supercharged I-8 engines producing in excess of 260 horsepower – a high figure matched by the equally high price, which could surpass $300,000 in today's dollars.
5. 1972 Ferrari 312PB – $795,000: This 1972 Ferrari 312PB is a replica of the prototype Group 6 racecar that Ferrari campaigned that year. This replica was reportedly built 20 years ago with a real Ferrari 312 V-12 Formula 1 engine, and transmission.
4. 2006 Bugatti Veyron – $1,150,000: Here's a car you're probably very familiar with. This 2006 Veyron has a black and red paintjob, and only 980 miles on the odometer and has been only had one owner since new. This Veyron is also the fastest car on this list.
3. 1960 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato – $1,200,000: This gorgeous 1960 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato appears to be in immaculate condition. As it should – the car was restored in England and rebuilt with Zagato coach work in England in the 2000s.
2. 2003 Ferrari Enzo – $1,399,000: With its hybrid successor's debut looming, this limited-edition Ferrari's value may shoot up in the near future. The Ferrari Enzo is likely to go down as one of the greatest Ferraris ever built. The Enzo set the standard for all supercars to follow, and now a piece of automotive history is up for grabs on eBay.
1. 1973 Ferrari 365 GTS/4 Daytona Spyder – $1,800,000: The Ferrari 365 GTS/4 Daytona Spyder is one of the most beautiful Ferraris ever made. Not only was the Ferrari Daytona Spyder beautiful, but it was also one of the rarest Ferraris ever built. This particular Daytona Spyder, which is number 108 of 121, has only has 3227 miles on the odometer, and comes with all of its original manuals and paperwork.
Which of the top 10 most expensive vehicles on eBay Motors would you most like to own?
Source: eBay Motors