FRONT 3/4 VIEW
1. This bland, rounded front is the perimeter of a rather egglike and nicely low-drag front-end volume.
2. The coarse grille texture is presumably meant to convey an impression of toughness. It mostly comes across as unrefined and clumsy.
3. Hot-air outlets on the hood are not a bad idea at all and provide a little visual interest for the driver as well.
4. The disproportionately large sideview mirrors offer a clue to the overall size of the Evoque. It's actually rather small for an SUV.
5. This rising line defines the entire side profile, allowing an impression of a wedge form and providing a sportiness to the ensemble that would be missing without it.
6. Inserting this piece of brightwork into the dark lower-body area that serves as a mass-reduction visual effect is a nice touch.
7. This lumpy-bumpy collection of profile changes is quite surprising, seemingly having no aesthetic or practical function. Looks like a mistake.
8. Having the lower lamp bridge the front-quarter air inlet is as pleasant an effect as the profile above it is goofy.
9. Whether this is a serious brush guard or a piece of lightweight decoration isn't clear, but it does give the impression that the Evoque is ready for serious off-roading.