- Four-seat roadster with 240-hp, 3.0-liter TDI engine
- Higher ride height gives SUV-style seating position
- 15 feet long, 64 inches tall (15 inches taller than a Miata)
- Huge waterfall single-shield grille
- Fully automatic fabric roof, 21-inch off-road-style wheels
Audi says: The Audi Cross Cabriolet quattro gives its driver the best of both worlds - the freedom and elegance of a convertible blended with the spaciousness and versatility of an SUV.
We say: Oh, puh-leeze. Let's have our convertibles look and feel like convertibles - sexy, low-slung, and intimate - and leave the high-riding, chunky-tired thing where it belongs, in true SUVs. Sheesh.